30 November, 2011

Suddenly! Eighteen more days...

A bit more of when your parents were young:


Wednesday, May 27, 1987: Daryl and I drove around for a while, and then he went home to pack.  Dina and Sharon came over to talk and stayed for a long time.  I had things I wanted to do, but I found that I wanted to be with them more.  Sharon made a kind of stunningly un-self-conscious comment about an open living room window and Daryl’s recent audible disobedience to our apartment's famous rule #1.  My eyebrows were raising here…

Trying to look innocent...

Thursday, May 28: For breakfast I was eating a burger that had sat out all night.  Sharon came over and, in guileless let’s-do-a-musical tones, commanded me to accompany her to Utah Lake to feed the ducks.  I had things I had to do.  This was more appealing, and easier, so I went.  For some time we hucked things at the ducks and talked.  Again, easy and appealing, and I was impressed by the unaffected naturalness and substance of my companion.

These really are ducks; this really is Utah Lake