16 February, 2011

Ronnie, by Claire


I’ve had four cats.  Their names were Patrick, Rita, Phoebe, and Ronnie.  This story is about Ronnie.

We got Ronnie when she was two months old.  She had the cutest face in the world.  It was split in half.  One half of her face was white and the other half was black.


Ronnie was a crazy kitty.  At Christmas time my brother got a nerf gun.  Ronnie hid all the balls under the Christmas tree.  One time she got into the yarn and she made a tangled yarn path that went through the whole house.  


When Ronnie was a baby she couldn’t go outside, but she really wanted to.  The first time she got out was when she was about three months old.  The doorbell rang and my Mum went to get it.  Ronnie must have snuck out when my Mum was talking at the door.  Late at night I was in my bed and I heard a faint meow at the front door. 

I went to open it and guess who was there?  Ronnie!  Everybody came to the front door.  “Ronnie— how did you get out there?”  “You must have been freezing!”  We brought Ronnie in and got her warm. 


The next morning we found little paw prints in the snow.


A few months later we were playing night games and that was the night Ronnie was killed.  I’m not telling you how she died.  We had Ronnie for only six months.