15 July, 2012

An e-mail from Sharon to Sarah


I was walking up the stairs at the BFI (British Film Institute) with my hands jammed in my pockets.  I caught my shoe on the stair, couldn't catch myself and completely fell.  I hit my knee really hard on the stair's metal edge.  I also hit my head on Spencer's leg.  He was just ahead of me.  Good thing he was there or I might have knocked my teeth out.  My knee really hurt!  My eyes were watering and everything  Also, it was all kind of funny.  The finishing touch was the nice, concerned guy at the top of the stairs who looked down and asked, "Are you okay, sir?" 

Reminds me of the time that you and I were helping at the Special Olympics. Remember?  We were walking and laughing together just after a race had ended. That other nice volunteer saw us, or saw me, and yelled out "Good race!"